DAY 1: Arrival at Vanguardia airport to take a flight to La Macarena, Meta. Our Xplora Colombia team will be waiting for us when we land. We will then attend talks by the environmental authorities of Cormacarena and National Parks. After that, we’ll be ready to take a speedboat up the Guayabero River to Lozada, where we’ll enjoy a landscape that will bewitch us with its llanos plains and mighty rocks that also offer spectacular views. We’ll be able to see birds, fish, turtles sunbathing on logs protruding from the river and, if we’re lucky, pink dolphins.
We’ll then return to La Macarena at the end of the day to rest and prepare for a cultural show put on by the town’s children and artists with a lot of passion and love. That night you’ll discover the mamona or ternera llanera, a typical dish of the region. If the group is staying at the Ecolodge La Manigua, that night we will enjoy a llanera serenade aboard a canoe on the shores of the mouth of the Lozada River.
DAY 2: Departure from the hotel to have a buffet breakfast in town and prepare us to tour the Caño Cristales jungle. We’ll take a boat to cross the Guayabero River (a 20-minute ride), walk to get on the 4×4 trucks that will take us to the designated spot, and start our 30-minute hike to get to Caño Cristales. You should brace yourself for the purity, peace, and the most whimsical shapes and colors and the magic of nature that you’ll encounter, including rapids, waterfalls, and tide-pools adorned with algae of psychedelic colors that make Caño Cristales the world’s most beautiful river.
Return to La Macarena and airport.
- The paths specified in the itinerary are subject to prior approval by Cormacarena and the National Parks. This is due to the carrying capacity on the requested dates. Therefore, they can be replaced with others authorized by the environmental authorities.
- Dawn activity depends on the time of departure that is approved in the National Parks and Cormacarena permits. If the departure time is not at 5:00 a.m., the full activity is done but there will be no dawn.
- If the chosen accommodation is Ecolodge La Manigua, we will have breakfast and dinner at the Lodge and not in town.
- This program may be modified due to changes in flight schedules.
- On this trip, the scheduled leisure time will be enjoyed without any tour guides.
- Due to availability issues, the hotels may be replaced with others of the same category.
- If a guide is required in English or French, please request it in advance to make your respective reservation.
- Depend on every day logistic, cultural sampling will be done on any nights of the plan.
- Each passenger is allowed a maximum weight of checked luggage of 10 kilos and carry on luggage 3 kilos.